Frequently Asked Questions
How do I get started?
It is very easy to get started and the process is very quick. Please call 301-304-3085 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or on our website click on the GET STARTED tab and fill out the form. Working closely with the client and family, Age In Place Maryland will assess your loved one’s needs and recommend a plan of care. This plan is tailored to meet the client’s specific needs.
Does Medicare or Medicaid pay for in-home care Services?
Medicaid pays for non-medical home care to help individuals remain living in their homes. However, Medicaid rules are state-specific, and therefore, eligibility and benefits differ in every state.
Does Age In Place Maryland Offer Respite Care and how is it covered?
I have insurance, and I'm not sure if it covers home care services. Will Age In Place Maryland verify coverage before starting service?
Does my doctor have to prescribe home care?
What different services do you offer?
Do I have to sign a long-term contract locking me into services?
What are the minimum hours of services provided by Age In Place Maryland?
How often do I get billed for services?
Is there any additional cost to me?
My loved one needs help but is in denial and won’t let anyone in the house. What do I do?
Can you care for someone in a facility (hospital, nursing home, or assisted living)?
What if a family member needs to be put in a care facility while receiving services from Age In Place Maryland?
Why should I hire a caregiver from Age In Place Maryland versus a private caregiver for my family?
If you hire privately, you become the employer of the caregiver. The following are just a few of the things you must take into consideration when hiring privately.
- Once you hire a caregiver privately, you are responsible for all state and federal payroll taxes.
- You must obtain Workers Compensation Insurance or make sure your private caregiver comes with insurance. If not, you could be responsible for any injuries claimed to have happened while working at your home. How will you pay for any claims of disability if they are filed against you?
- What happens if the private person doesn’t show up for work? Are you prepared to stay home and take care of your loved one?
- If the care is for you, are you prepared to be left alone without care if the caregiver does not show up?
- Are you capable of running a comprehensive, national criminal background check?
- Is the private caregiver bonded against theft?
- How will you ensure that the caregiver is knowledgeable and is competent with his/her skills
These are only some of the challenges of hiring privately. With Age In Place Maryland, you do not have to worry about any of these issues.
How long will it take to start services?
Can I help choose the caregiver and meet them in advance?
What happens if a caregiver is unable to show up for a scheduled shift?
How do you select my caregiver?
What if I need to speak with someone after business hours?
50 Citizens Way, Suite 404 Frederick, MD 21701